New Case of Ebola Confirmed in Sierra Leone

Less than 24 hours after the World Health Organization declared West Africa Ebola-free, a new case has been confirmed in Sierra Leone. Series of tests were carried out on a patient who died in the north of the country this week and they all confirmed that it was caused by Ebola.  The patient, a 22 year-old lady contracted the virus last week Thursday and died on Tuesday. 
“We can confirm the Ebola case in Sierra leone” WHO said in a statement.
 Langoba Kelly of Sierra Leone’s office of national security told reporters in Freetown,“The swab test on the victim after her death was done three times and all proved positive.
“Our level of preparedness remains high as we did not stand down or dismantle any of the structures that we had used to fight the virus before.”