The Taraba State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in AbujaToday nullified the victory of Governor Darius Ishaku of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the April 11 Taraba Guberatorial elections and declared Senator Aisha Jumai Alhassan of the APC as winner.
Below are some facts about Mama Taraba as popularly called.
1. She is the first elected female senator from Taraba State. representing Taraba North constituency of Taraba State, Nigeria which she won under the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
2. She dumped PDP for All Progressive Congress (APC) and became the Gubernatorial Candidate of Taraba State for the 2015 general elections.
3. Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan is a fulani.
4. She is a trained lawyer
5. Aisha Jummai became the first female to be appointed Taraba State Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice.
6. The first woman to be appointed as Secretary FCT judicial council and later appointed the Chief Registrar of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on 17 December 2003.
7. she is big time business woman.
8. In the January 2011 PDP primaries, Jummai defeated the incumbent Senator, former Ambassador Manzo Anthony.
9. Aisha Jummai’s elder brother is a former Senator Abdulazeez Ibrahim from 1999-2007.
10. She is a huge football fan.