The management of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) has totally dismissed reports that were circulated on the social media over the weekend that two foreign nationals died of the Ebola Virus Disease in the hospital.
The Chief Medical Director, Prof. Chris Bode has issued a statement in response to the news.
He said, “Our attention has been drawn to a malicious piece of information making the rounds on social media, which purported that two foreign nationals brought to LUTH on Sunday, April 12, 2015 died of EVD.
“This is to swiftly deny any such rumour and inform members of the public that no such event happened. Our professionals at the emergency services, various lines of responders, laboratories and nurses all reported no such cases in our hospital.”
He said since the last case of Ebola in the country, the hospital had been on “eternal vigilance and shall continue to observe all precautions to quickly identify any case of the highly infectious disease, in line with international best practices.”