The Rivers State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) party yesterday issued a press statement via their State Chairman, Dr. Davies Ibiamu Ikanya on the gross sins President Goodluck Jonathan has committed against the state.
Ikanya said: “These, amongst other wicked acts against Rivers State for
reasons only to be explained by President Jonathan and his managers explain why we will do everything humanly possible to ensure that this man who has run aground our economy will never continue in office beyond May 29, 2015.
He continued “For the record, President Jonathan is from Bayelsa, a sister State to Rivers. He is married to Dame Patience Jonathan, who is from Rivers State and having schooled in UNIPORT and lectured in the State before joining politics; one would have expected him to be a key factor in any election in Rivers State after the State gave him the highest number of votes in the 2011 presidential election but, shockingly, he will be the greatest undoing of his party in the 2015 general election.”
The 25 sins
1. President Jonathan failed to muster the courage and political will in a PDP-controlled National Assembly to see to the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) in the over six years of his administration to demonstrate his hatred for the Niger Delta region knowing that communities in Rivers State will benefit from the bill.
2. The East/West Road, especially Eleme-Onne axis in Rivers State, has not only been abandoned but is a nightmare to travellers and commuters.
3. Bodo-Bonny Federal Road is completely abandoned just because it is situated in Rivers State.
4. Refusal to refund to the State Government over 90 billion naira used in the dualisation of Ikwerre-Owerri Road approved by late President Yar’Adua and other Federal Roads in the State executed by the State to ease the sufferings of the people of Rivers State.
5. Wickedly stopped Train 7 at NLNG Bonny and the loss of jobs to our people and revenue to Government.
6. Non-implementation of UNEP Report on the clean-up of Ogoni land despite
all the pleas by our people and the International Community – just to punish the Ogonis and Rivers State irrespective of their overwhelming support for him during the 2011 elections.
7. Lack of any visible Federal Government project in Rivers State throughout his over six years as President of Nigeria. Instructively, of all the states President Jonathan has visited in the course of his re-election campaign, it was only in Rivers that he could not name a single development project he initiated, not to talk of executing.
8. Ceding of oil wells belonging to Rivers to Bayelsa and Abia states to ensure that the revenue accruing to the State is reduced to nothing.
9. Abandoned construction of the Port Harcourt International Airport after completing other airports started at the same time with it. The airport has thus become an eyesore. Pictures of the current state of the Airport attached explain the level of hatred President Jonathan has for Rivers State and her people.
10. Turning the Port Harcourt axis of Enugu-Port Harcourt Express Road into a death trap. The pictures attached of the bad state of the road explain everything.
11. Posting and encouraging the excesses of the tyrannical Police Commissioner Joseph Mbu during his inglorious days in the State.
12. Supporting the impunity of daily killing, maiming of members of Rivers APC by the Police under the watch of Dan Barure
13. Supporting every imaginable act of impunity in the State, including the plot by five State Assembly members to impeach the Speaker in a House of 31 members.
14. Seizing and grounding the planes of the State for no just cause.
15. Harassing and intimidating the duly elected Governor of Rivers State for no just cause and even supporting the splitting of the Governors Forum into two just to ensure that Governor Amaechi, who was duly elected by his colleagues, does not have an easy reign as the Chairman of the Forum.
16. Refusal to allow the Governor to construct the Federal Road that leads to the Kalabari Kingdom just to ensure that during the rainy season the Kalabaris will not have a road to their place.
17. Forcefully taking over the 50,000-seater Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium.
Incidentally, his party could not mobilise enough supporters to fill the stadium during his rally even after hiring supporters from Bayelsa, Abia and Akwa Ibom states.
18. Refusal to refund the State the money used to construct the smooth, beautiful dual carriageway from Omerelu to Port Harcourt–particularly up to the Airport Junction from Owerri in Imo State, which the Federal Government abandoned just because Rivers State people ply that road.
19. Refusal to refund the money used by Rivers State to construct the Ahoada/Elele Alimini Federal Road and the interchange (Flyover) at Obiri Ikwerre.
20. Refusal to attend to the poor state of the Onne – Port Harcourt component of the East/West Road. This is the road that services the Port Harcourt Refinery from where petroleum products are supplied to the South East and parts of the South South. That is the road that leads to the Onne Free Zone and to Okrika, the home Local Government of Dame Patience Jonathan, Nigeria’s First Lady.
21. Turning a blind eye while his party continues to kill, bomb and disrupt our rallies.
22. Against the spirit of equity, unity, justice and fair play, President Jonathan imposed Chief Nyesome Wike from the Ikwerre tribe as PDP candidate, knowing very well that the incumbent Governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, is also of Ikwerre extraction and that if Chief Wike wins the next election – but God forbid! – Ikwerre tribe would have governed Rivers State for 16 years to the detriment of other tribes and sections of the State. This shows that President Jonathan and his unjust party do not wish Rivers State any good.
23. President Jonathan released all the N25 Billion that accrued from the principle of derivation from the five Soku Oil Wells that rightly belong to Rivers State kept in reserve for Rivers State and Bayelsa State were all paid to Bayelsa State his home State to prove his hatred for Rivers State
24. As a President, President Jonathan has continued to under fund the NDDC to ensure that Rivers State and in extension the Niger Delta region is not developed, till date, N500B owed by the Federal Government is yet to be paid to the Niger Delta Development Corporation (NDDC)
25. Refused to empower and fund the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs initiated by the Yar-Adua’s administration. The Minister of Niger Delta recently stated that the N41.7B due to the Ministry is not paid and it is affecting the 90 percent of the projects initiated by the Ministry just to ensure that projects to be executed by the Ministry in Rivers State and other Niger Delta States are not executed