Messi, Ronaldo, Robben, others make FIFPro XI forwards shortlist.
The wait is over! FIFPro XI forwards shortlist has been unveiled and there aren’t any surprises. Old foes, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the favourites to win the 2014 edition of the award.
Bayern Munich has the highest number of nominees (4) followed by Barcelona and Real Madrid with 3 nominees each. Only 3 players from the English Premier League made the cut.
(1) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
(2) Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
(3) Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
(4) Diego Costa (Chelsea)
(5) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
(6) Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG)
(7) Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
(8) Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
(9) Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich)
(10) Neymar (Barcelona)
(11) Marco Reus (Dortmund)
(12) Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)
(13) Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)
(14) Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
(15) Luis Suarez (Barcelona)