According to Bloomberg Billionaires Index; a daily ranking of the world's 20 wealthiest individuals, Carlos Slim, a Mexican telecommunications tycoon who controls Mexico's America Movil SAB (AMXL) , is now the richest person on Earth.
The philanthropist's fortune increased 11% this year and his net worth as on the close of markets on March 2nd fell $478.4 million in a day to $68.5 billion meanwhile U.S. moguls Bill Gates and Warren Buffett placed second and third respectively.
WORLD'S TOP 20 BILLIONNAIRES
1) Carlos Slim, Telmex and America Movil – $68.5billion
2) Bill Gates, Microsoft – $62.4billion
3) Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway – $43.8billion
4) Ingvar Kamprad, IKEA -$42.5billion
5) Bernard Arnault, Louis Vuitton – $42.3billion
6) Amancio Gaona, Inditex Group (Zara, Massimo Dutti and Oysho) – $38.8billion
7) Lawrence Joseph Ellison, Oracle Corp. - $38billion
8) Charles Koch, Koch Industries – $34billion
9) David Koch, Koch Industries – $34billion
10) Eike Batista, EBX Group – $29.8billion
11) Mukesh Ambani, Reliance Industries – $26.8billion
12) Li Ka-Shing, Cheung Kong Holdings, Hutchison Whampoa and Li Ka Shing Foundation – $25.8billion
13) Sheldon Adelson, Las Vegas Sands – $25.7billion
14) Christy Walton, Wal-Mart – $24.9billion
15) Stefan Persson, Hennes & Mauritz – $24.5billion
16) Lakshmi Mittal, ArcelorMittal – $23.6billion
17) Jim Walton, Wal-Mart – $23.4billion
18) Samuel Walton, Wal-Mart – $22.9billion
19) David Thomson, Thomson Reuters – $22.7billion
20) Liliane Bettencourt, L'Oréal – $22.4billion
However, 27 year-old facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg didn't make the cut.